In a million meters marveling upwards
Lies a little lazy laughing girl
She sings such silly songs all day
And laughs like lemurs while she plays
She has her brown brown button eyes
And lovely long lustrous blond curls
She's dressed in perfectly petaled pink
That flows and twinkles when she twirls
Pretty perfect Polly doesn't seem so well today
Her heart begins to break when the daytime goes away
Honestly, the inspiration from this poem came from a youtube video a friend had sent me that showed lemurs "laughing." Of course they're not really laughing, but it sounded like it, and to be honest it sounds kind of creepy. Everything about writing poetry was difficult for me. It is not something that I can do within limitations or set to any strict boundaries. It was writing a specific kind where I struggled, however since I chose free verse for this, it was easier.

No comments:
Post a Comment