Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Future

For some odd reason, since elementary school and on into college, I've had several teachers giving me encouraging remarks towards becoming a writer. This is something that I've considered several times, however I'm not sure if it is something that will ever happen. When I was in middle school I wanted to write children's books, but as an adult I've kind of lost sight of that. I started writing an untitled project a few years back that is not entirely a memoir, but the idea is based on a true story from my past. It deals with a girl who is sexually abused as a child and how it effects her in her later life. Will I ever finish it or will it ever go anywhere other than my hard drive? Who's to say. I've looked at it from time to time, but I've failed at continuing ideas for it many, many times.

Ideally, one of my "dream" jobs was to work in journalism, but I'd want to work within music or fashion at some kind of magazine. These jobs are hard to attain, but maybe it's the imagery of it all that I really like. Again, who knows?

Time will tell and the future will prove my destined path.

No comments:

Post a Comment